Error message when opening 1Password: The application “1Password 7” is not open anymore.

Options
Michael R
Michael R
Community Member

I cannot open 1Password app from the dock or from the applications folder. I get an error message: The application “1Password 7” is not open anymore.
However, I can open the 1 Password app from the browser extension by clicking on the gear icon and then choosing "Open 1Password". And once the app is open, I can click on the icon in the dock to make it the current app.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Michael R!

Can you please post a screenshot of this error message? Thank you!

• Michael R
    Michael R
    Community Member
    Options

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Michael R:

Thank you! I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Michael R
    Michael R
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

I rebooted my Mac and 1Password is working again. :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @Michael R! That's good to hear :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• rawsoft
    rawsoft
    Community Member
    Options

I have been experiencing the same problem in recent days. When I reboot the computer, the app works again. Is this a known problem and is there a fix?

• @rawsoft

I would say it would be a known bug in that it occurs, but it does not seem to be specific to 1Password. Many apps, including Apple's own apps, have experienced this behavior.

Here is an Apple Support Community topic on the subject. However, it is a bit older now.

• rawsoft
    rawsoft
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the additional information. I guess I can live with it.

• You're welcome. I wish I had something better to share with you. :(

This discussion has been closed.