How to remove 1P icon from macOS dock while app is open?

daheadchef
daheadchef
Community Member

I have it set so that 1password opens and asks for my fingerprint whenever my mac starts up. I would like it so that my 1password does not show its icon in my dock so that people who might use my laptop simply can see 1password in my dock and go snooping for my password. If it is hidden in the dock while open, I can always get into it through mission control or the launcher. How do I hide it?

1Password Version: Latest BEta
Extension Version: Latest Beta
OS Version: Latest Mac OS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @daheadchef

As far as I'm aware there isn't a way to hide 1Password's icon from the dock while it is running; my apologies.

Ben

• LeCoupa
    LeCoupa
    Community Member

Would love this feature! :)

• Thanks for the input, @LeCoupa. :)

Ben

• JanC
    JanC
    Community Member

hey,
    +1 for this. In my case the 1Password icon bounces 2-3 times in the Dock after startup and then disappears again. It's quite annoying.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback as well @JanC :+1: :)

• dmayo2
    dmayo2
    Community Member

I just installed MacOS 11 and noticed that the 1P icon is in the dock too. Turns out that I use uBar and I'm able to hide any app icons I wish.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @dmayo2 :+1:

• alexander_potemkin
    alexander_potemkin
    Community Member

Just installed 1Password, rolled into the subscription and found out that 1Password icon indeed keeps living in my Dock.
    I don't mind about helper to be enabled on background (for Safari and other reasons sake), but I do mind this icon consuming precious space in my Dock.

Any way to get rid out of it, if I have Menu icon enabled? If so - any estimate?

I can see this thread is dated like half of the year ago, if nothing got changed, I guess I should not expect too much and switch, before I get stuck to 1Password, before it's too complicated?

Just switch from LastPass, love how things looks and build like, but this Dock icon drives me crazy.

• Hi @alexander_potemkin

It isn't presently possible to remove 1Password from the Dock while the main window is open — but if you're just using the browser extension and don't have the main window open 1Password doesn't have to be in the Dock. 1Password can continue to run in the background enabling browser integration without having a window.

Ben

• alexander_potemkin
    alexander_potemkin
    Community Member

Hi @Ben , thanks! It's turned out it was some glitch, as after the app restart the icon in the Dock (when no main window is opened) doesn't longer re-appear.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @alexander_potemkin! That's great to hear :)

This discussion has been closed.