1Password Chrome Extension - Unwanted, automatically signed out

Options

I just want to keep logged in.
I don't want to type my password again again again.
But the 1password chrome extensions seem to be locking automatically after I close all browsers.
I set to false the Automatically Lock option in the settings, but nothing changed.
I used Lastpass before. It never logged me out but it logged me out when I click the logout button.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @zzossig! Thanks for reaching out!

While you can make adjustments to auto-lock timers, specific behaviors from a device or from a browser will still cause 1Password to lock. If you are using 1Password X, adjusting the Settings > Security > "Automatically lock 1Password" to Off will prevent 1Password for requiring a new unlock, but only while the browser window remains open. Closing/reopening the browser will always require a new unlock of 1Password X. This is intended behavior and prevents other people from simply being able to open a new browser session on your machine and have access to your data.

1Password desktop apps and 1Password X are not integrated and do require separate logins. You can resolve this issue and have access to 1Password within your browser by using the 1Password Companion app extension instead of 1Password X. This companion extension is reliant on the unlock state of the desktop app. As long as the desktop app is unlocked, the extension in your browser will be unlocked as well.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.