The desktop app login window keeps poping up every time I click on a new tab of a wep app, help?

I work in Sales for a software company with a web app, I use the web app all the time for customers and anytime I use the web app and click inside the app, to change tab, for example, the login window of the 1P desktop app pops up, asking me for my Master Password. And it keeps popping up every time I click on something new on my company web app, so several times in a minute until I type my Master Password. It seems that the 1P desktop app doesn't recognize my company's web app and I have the same issues with others as well: Badger Maps, Stripe, Gusto.

2.Also, for those same web apps, if I type in my master password it then asks me to save the login credentials (even though, again, I know these credentials have already been stored in 1password), and then appears to be saving the login credentials every time as a new input in 1password. Rather than overwriting the pre-existing credentials, it creates an entirely new row for that website.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eleonorecollet! Welcome to the forum!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

• eleonorecollet
    eleonorecollet
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana , I'm using version 4.7.5.90 of the extension.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@eleonorecollet:

Could you please specify what web app are we talking about here, so we could check this behaviour on our side?

Also, please try to unlock 1Password first before you open your browser and start working with your web app. Does it prompt you to unlock after that?

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

• eleonorecollet
    eleonorecollet
    Community Member

@Greg Hi, thank you for responding.

I tried unlocking 1P first before opening my browser and it did help, I'm still testing this to see if the login window is really "gone". Thank you!

The web apps we've had issues with are: Gusto.com / Stripe.com / Asana.com, among others

Thanks!
    Eleonore

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eleonorecollet, thank you for the update!

It is possible that you bumped into a security limitation in 1Password 7 for Windows. 1Password does not know what you data you have until you unlock first. It's trying to save the data but it needs access to your encrypted content before it knows if it should save or not.

Please try to unlock 1Password first, before jumping in to work in your web apps, and you should be all set. Let me know how it works for you. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• eleonorecollet
    eleonorecollet
    Community Member

Hi @Greg, thank you for the recommendation and for your help.

I'll try this out and see if the problem goes away.

++
    Eleonore

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eleonorecollet,

You are very welcome! Please keep me posted. Hopefully, everything will work correctly.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.