Cisco VPN Client App

Options
onepwdusr
onepwdusr
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

Hi Folks - First of all let me start by saying that 1Password has made my life infinitely easier, so thanks a lot for that.

That said - I think there are some improvements that can be made. Many folks use the "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" app to VPN into corporate networks. I have to press Cmd+\ to open up the 1Password window, then type in "VPN", then Shift+Cmd+\ to copy the password and then Cmd+V to paste it into the application window. Is there a better way to do this? I feel this is far too many keystrokes.

1Password Version: 7.7BETA-13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.6 (Catalina)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @onepwdusr ,
    We're happy to hear you are enjoying 1Password so far!

Currently, there's no way for 1Password to autofill in other apps like it does in browsers. In a browser, you have the 1Password extension that helps autofill, but we don't have an extension for every app out there :)

However, there are some new things coming in the next Mac OSX that might allow some form of autofilling into apps that we are looking into! So stay tuned.
    For now, the easiest way to fill in apps is using drag and drop: https://support.1password.com/explore/whats-new-mac/#fill-logins-in-apps

I hope you'll find it useful :)

This discussion has been closed.