Can 1Password fill in and submit completely automatically?

I have asked this question before: the password manager I used before worked completely automatically - I went to a site, e.g. my email - service and WITHOUT A SINGLE CLICK or interaction from me the login & password was filled in and submitted. With 1Password I manually have to click on the extension-symbol to have the 1password window pop up where I have to click AGAIN on the account with which I want to log in. That is two extra clicks I have to take on every (!) website I use.

I am using the Win10 Client and the Firefox Extension. Did I get that right that there are two extensions? If I click "get extension" from the desktop client or the 1password page I get a different (1Password X) extension than the one I find in the firefox extensions section. Why are there 2 and which should I use?
Is there any way I can set up automatic login & submit as described above?

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @FreeUsername28827 ,

We aim to not perform actions without the user's specific request, because when things get too automated they can also be used against the user (or be used by a malicious 3rd party).

Our 1Password X extension, when unlocked, will show up inside usernames/password fields on the websites you visit and automatically suggest relevant logins, which you can select with a single click (or with the arrows and Enter keys on your keyboard). You can learn more about it here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

Our old 1Password companion extension requires you to launch it by either clicking its icon on the top right corner of your browser and selecting the proper login entry, or by using a keyboard shortcut - CTRL+\ (Control + Backslash), which will autofill the page immediately. Using this extension you can also set 1Password to submit the form after autofilling, which is partly what you want to achieve here. You can turn that feature on in 1Password 7's settings:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 7 on your computer.
    2. Click the "1Password" menu on the top left corner and select "Settings".
    3. In the settings window, select the "Browsers" tab and enable "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords".

What this does is basically pressing the Enter key for you after autofilling. You can just as well press the Enter key on your keyboard after you autofill and it will log you in. That's true for both extensions :)

This discussion has been closed.