Column Width Changes Not Sticking

Options
bcrowl
bcrowl
Community Member

As of 7.7.BETA-11, whenever I open 1Password and resize the columns (e.g. the categories on the left, the entries in the middle, and the active entry being viewed on the right) they don't stay that way after closing/re-opening the desktop app.

P.S. Great job on speeding up the app response time after updating an entry; it used to be unresponsive right after updating an entry and trying to use the app.

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.0 Beta (20A5395g)
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @bcrowl

I can confirm what you are seeing. I'll get a report started on it. Thanks for bringing it up.

ref: dev/apple/issues#5081

• brazilleul
    brazilleul
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi Tommy,

From 7.7.BETA-12 changelog:

"Fixed an issue that could cause the item list and detail view splits to massively reset their set sizes."

This seemed to work OK (not saying perfect) on my system – until – 7.7.BETA-11 but has been introduced / got worse – since – 7.7.BETA-12, including 7.7.BETA-13.

The specific problem is the item list width shrinks on reopening to obscure much of the text, I think if the window is under a certain size (although not very small).

Hopefully my attachments are clear.

Current system: macOS 11.0.1 production.

Thanks

Before close:

After open:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brazilleul:

I could not reproduce this on the latest beta, but I am still running macOS Catalina. I wonder if this is something specific to the OS at this point. I will be able to test this again once the download completes :)

This discussion has been closed.