Double biometric unlock popup, locking terminal until reboot

rXp
rXp
Community Member

Hello,

I have Xiaomi Mi 9T with Android 10 (MIUI 12.0.2) but this issue happened with older version.
Am I using the biometric unlock instead of the password to unlock 1password but sometimes two popup appears (stacked one above the other). When this happens I can interact with the first one but not the second. Which means I have a popup that stays on screen above all other applications (cannot interact with any application) and I need to force a reboot to be able to fix that.
This only happens with 1Password but I have no sure way of reproducing it. It happens mostly when I want to autofill a web login.

I don't have a screenshot of it (because last time it would not let me take one) but I will try to take a photo of this issue if it happens when I am at home.

Any idea what could cause that ?

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rXp!

A screenshot would be great, so we could understand exactly where this is happening. Alternatively, would you be able to record a short video of this? That would be even better :+1:

• rXp
    rXp
    Community Member

@ag_ana I will do it as soon as it happens again then. I'll be back with a video or at least some screenshots.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That would be great, thank you @rXp!

• rXp
    rXp
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Here is two screenshots. I didn't realize the issue was happening before I pressed the Home button.
    As you can see the pop-up is still present and I can interact with anything behind it. I can only use the back home apps lock buttons on my phone.

• rXp
    rXp
    Community Member

@ag_ana Sorry, here are the screenshots.

• Hi @rXp. Unfortunately this is a known issue. This bug seems to appear after updates. The good news is that it once you've dismissed it, it should prompt you as normal.

Let us know if you need anything else!

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1046

• rXp
    rXp
    Community Member

@peri but how do I dismiss it?

• @rXp Are you able to force quit 1Password? If so, please do so and relaunch it. It should only prompt you once after.

• rXp
    rXp
    Community Member

@peri I am not, no. I cannot interact with anything behind a biometric popup and the button that brings up the apps menu (to kill an app) brings it up behind the popup.
    I have to force a reboot of my phone.

• Thanks for the info @rXp. After rebooting your phone, is the prompt still stuck on screen?

• rXp
    rXp
    Community Member

@peri
    No it's fine but if I am unlucky the next biometric popup of 1password might triggers two and I would need to reboot it all.
    It was can very annoying if I am just trying to login into a website or an application and then I would need start all over again.
    If I can somehow send a log of the issue (phone in dev mode and all) let me know. If I can help in anyway...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rXp:

You can certainly create a diagnostics report from your Android device and email it to us to [email protected], we can look at the logs and see if we find anything interesting there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• @rXp We've noticed that this bug appears only after an update to 1Password. It shouldn't happen every time you try to use Biometric Unlock, but it may appear again after the next update to 1Password.

• rflmota
    rflmota
    Community Member

I'm also facing this issue, there were any updates regarding that?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rflmota:

Is this happening to you regularly, or only after a 1Password update?

This discussion has been closed.