How to generate password?

I don't see the option anywhere or any help thread on it. Is there a way to generate a password using 1passwordx on Firefox?

I am looking for this screen

from https://support.1password.com/explore/linux/

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.21.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jtpavlock ,

You can get to the password generator as follows:
    1. Click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of your browser to open it. Unlock it with your Master Password if it is locked.
    2. Click the big PLUS icon to reveal the menu.
    3. Select the "Password Generator" from the list (the first option).

Is that what you were looking for?

• jtpavlock
    jtpavlock
    Community Member

@ag_yaron that's it! I'm gonna have to give my eye doctor a call after this one...

Thanks for the help.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Haha, don't worry about it @jtpavlock .

We're thinking about putting it in a more visible place anyhow. Hopefully that will help more users find it easily :)

• jtpavlock
    jtpavlock
    Community Member

If I had to make one suggestion: I'm not sure if it's platform specific, but I think increasing the width of the plus side menu a couple of characters to allow "Password Generator" to be displayed in full may help.

I think I also may have been subconsciously looking for the icon that's used with the normal 1password extension for password generation. Maybe using a consistent icon could help?

• Hey @jtpavlock, I've let our developers know of the text being cut off, and I appreciate your suggestion of the icon, as well. Consistency across all our apps is the goal. :smile: Cheers!

ref: dev/core/core#975

• asefoiashefou
    asefoiashefou
    Community Member

Ha! I couldn't find this, either! It's not just your eyes. Thanks for helping me find it in X.

• I'm glad this thread was able to help you out, @asefoiashefou. :smile:

• jd_lewin
    jd_lewin
    1Password Alumni

Aloha @jtpavlock and @asefoiashefou,

I wanted to let y'all know that the latest stable release of the extension has improvements to directly address the Password Generator button being cut off!

🤙🏻🌴🌺

This discussion has been closed.