A few questions

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Family organiser and access to other peoples vaults.

Comments

• pbholzman
    pbholzman
    Community Member
    Options

I'm new to 1 Password and my free month is about running out (have three days to make a decision if I like this or not). There are still some issues I have with 1 Password and hope you can help me understand them so I can feel confident signing up for a year. So here goes:
    1) I signed up for a family account but I must have also signed up for an individual account. In the family account I have a vault that says "Private" and that's where I keep all my personal passwords. But I'm trying to remove the individual account that is called "Personal". Can this be done? Is the "Private" vault the same as the Individual Personal vault?
    2) Using 1 Password in Chrome is kludgy for me. It gives me a notice that I need to "reload this page" before 1 Password is activated. I do that. The site comes up where I want to load the user name and password. But clicking on the name of the site in 1 Password doesn't fill in the user name or password. In Safari it works. But not in Chrome. Is there a bug. (MacBook Pro, OS 10.13.6 Chrome)
    3 Finally, if I get other family members on the 1 Password platform, will they also have a "Private" vault that only they can access...and can we share certain sites together?

Thanks very much for you answers!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pbholzman!

1) I signed up for a family account but I must have also signed up for an individual account. In the family account I have a vault that says "Private" and that's where I keep all my personal passwords. But I'm trying to remove the individual account that is called "Personal". Can this be done? Is the "Private" vault the same as the Individual Personal vault?

Those are two different vault, in two different accounts. If you only plan on using the Families account, you can delete the duplicate Individual account you created:

How to delete your 1Password account

2) Using 1 Password in Chrome is kludgy for me. It gives me a notice that I need to "reload this page" before 1 Password is activated. I do that. The site comes up where I want to load the user name and password. But clicking on the name of the site in 1 Password doesn't fill in the user name or password. In Safari it works. But not in Chrome. Is there a bug. (MacBook Pro, OS 10.13.6 Chrome)

What version of the 1Password for Mac app and of the 1Password browser extension are you using on this device?

3 Finally, if I get other family members on the 1 Password platform, will they also have a "Private" vault that only they can access...and can we share certain sites together?

Yes, every family member you invite will have their own Private vault. If you want to share information with them, you can use either the built-in Shared vault, or you can add new shared vaults:

Create and share vaults

This discussion has been closed.