Input field for master password blocked by keyboard

willashley23
willashley23
Community Member

Steps to reproduce:
Open any app with a login page, preferably one you don’t have a saved password for in 1Password

Focus on the password field. Tap the “Passwords” button that appears in the center above the keyboard. Select 1Password.

If you have faceId enabled, fail it twice, this will force 1 password to require your master password to open

Now observe this extremely annoying bug: the keyboard pops up and literally blocks the master password input field so you can’t see how many characters you’ve typed.

I’ve updated my 1Password app to the largest version. This is embarrassing and unbecoming of your app and it should be fixed immediately.

Comments

• willashley23
    willashley23
    Community Member

Here's a screen recording to demonstrate the bug. Here are the repro steps

1. Open an app and focus on the login field.
    2. Select the iOS 'Passwords' pop up
    3. fail faceId twice to force a master password entry
    4. Observe the bug: the keyboard literally does not appear. I tired tapping on the master password field over and over again and no keyboard.

When I killed the app and tried this flow again, something different happened. This time, instead of the keyboard not appearing, it did appear, but it completely blocked my view of the master password input! Meaning there was no way to see how many characters I had typed or to even submit the password!

This is extremely annoying and I encounter it literally every single time face id fails. Please explain what is going on and whether or not this bug is known by your developers.

1Password Version: 7.7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 14.2
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:keyboard not appearing in io

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020

Hi @willashley23!

Thank you for reporting this! I was able to reproduce this issue on my machine, so I will open an internal issue so that the developers can look at it :)

ref: dev/apple/issues#5100

• willashley23
    willashley23
    Community Member

That's awesome! Thanks so much for the follow up :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @willashley23! It's great that you took time to report this :)

This discussion has been closed.