Multiple Logins Created

Options

I am new to 1Password. I logged onto one of my frequented sites to store a profile in my vault. My password was recorded as terrible, so I watched the YouTube video on updating your password. I am running into a couple of issues. I follow the video as instructed; however, upon generating a new password and I hit the autofill button it autofills it where the current password is and not in the new and confirm password sections. This is super annoying. The other issue that happens is upon changing my password it records an additional profile with the changed password in my vault. The new profile has a key icon as opposed to the original profile who shows a picture from the website. The new password is also not auto populated into the original profile. It is only in the newly created login with the key symbol.

I have tried all of this on a couple of different sites I have accounts with and run into the same issues. Please help if I am doing something wrong.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 1Password 7
OS Version: Big Sur
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:multiple logins

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kdisharoon! Welcome to the forum!

I am running into a couple of issues. I follow the video as instructed; however, upon generating a new password and I hit the autofill button it autofills it where the current password is and not in the new and confirm password sections.

This is a known bug. Our developers are aware of it however, and hopefully they will be able to add a fix for this in a future update :+1:

The other issue that happens is upon changing my password it records an additional profile with the changed password in my vault.

Can you please share the steps you followed to make this happen? We can certainly test these and see if we can reproduce the behavior.

• MattDavis
    MattDavis
    Community Member
    Options

The other issue that happens is upon changing my password it records an additional profile with the changed password in my vault.

I may be having the same issue. Using Safari, if I change my password and allow 1Password to create a new password for me, then immediately upon generating the password (before submitting the form) a new record is created. The new record only contains the password, not my username. Then, when I'm prompted to either save a new login or update an existing one, if I choose update, then the new record is deleted and my original record is updated with the new password.

I assume this is intentional. I think 1Password is creating a temporary record for me in case I forget to update my existing record, thus protecting me from getting locked out of my account.

The trouble starts when the app begins to run slower and slower -- as here, I think https://1password.community/discussion/117349/1password-extremely-sluggish-in-macos. If it's running slow enough, sometimes the save/update dialog will fail to appear or will be hidden from view. When this happens, I often get these straggling password records and out-of-date login records.

@ag_ana Is this a known issue also?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MattDavey:

I assume this is intentional. I think 1Password is creating a temporary record for me in case I forget to update my existing record, thus protecting me from getting locked out of my account.

That is exactly the case :)

Is this a known issue also?

Yes, this is also something that our developers are investigating :+1:

• MattDavis
    MattDavis
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    Just a heads up that I'm @MattDavis not @MattDavey. I'm sure he's nice, though. :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the heads up! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.