Can't find preference to keep 1password Mini open

Options
emclain
emclain
Community Member

I know I've seen this setting before, and I've seen people mention it on this forum, but it's not in the Preferences dialog.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• emclain
    emclain
    Community Member
    Options

I would also expect your knowledge base to have a description of every item in the preferences, but I can't find that either.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @emclain

Could you please elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish? I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you want to keep 1Password mini open. Thanks!

Ben

• emclain
    emclain
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry... I mean, keep 1Password running in the background even after closing the main window, so that I can still click on the 1Password menu bar icon to bring up Mini.

Desired state: no Dock icon, just a menu bar icon.

• emclain
    emclain
    Community Member
    Options

...and, not accidentally closing/locking 1Password when I just meant to minimize it.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying @emclain. That preference is in 1Password > Preferences > Browsers:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• emclain
    emclain
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, that helps. Thank you!

However, it's not clear that setting has anything to do with 1Password Mini. I don't use the browser extensions (I'm using 1Password X in my browsers), so that's why I overlooked that setting.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @emclain :+1: And on behalf of Ben, you are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.