To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't log into the 1password website.

crombiw
crombiw
Community Member

I am trying to log in here https://my.1password.com/signin and web Extension but it says something is wrong.
I can log in to 1password on the pc, I have a secret key, and I know the master password and email account.
However, logging into the site fails.

How can I solve this?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) 1Password
Extension Version: 1.22.1 (edge)
OS Version: mac os catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @crombiw! Welcome to the forum!

What is the exact error message that you see when you try to login to the website or the extension?

• crombiw
    crombiw
    Community Member

"Can't log in. Email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is invalid." Appears, but in the PC program, it can be used without any problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@crombiw:

Thank you for the error message! When you try to login to the website, are you entering your information manually, or are you copying them from your Emergency Kit?

• crombiw
    crombiw
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

I copied the secret key inside the "1password" program and entered it into the login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020

@crombiw:

It sounds like you are entering the wrong Master Password on the website. If you look inside the 1Password app on your Mac, do you perhaps see a vault called Primary?

• crombiw
    crombiw
    Community Member

I am using 1password in Korean.
    I'm not sure what "Primary" is.
    Can you tell me in more detail?

• crombiw
    crombiw
    Community Member

I bought a perpetual license for 1password in 2014. After that, I purchased a subscription license with 1password's continuous update. Is it related to this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@crombiw:

I bought a perpetual license for 1password in 2014. After that, I purchased a subscription license with 1password's continuous update. Is it related to this?

This is probably related, yes. The way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

It sounds like the Master Password you use to unlock the 1Password app is different than the one you chose for your 1Password.com subscription account.

If you open your 1Password for Mac app, how many vaults do you see there?

This discussion has been closed.