To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Suggestion - Mark 2FA as "Done"

1b_
1b_
Community Member

In Watchtower, about 30 or so of my saved passwords are marked as "2FA Available".

I'm reluctant to use 1Password for my 2FA codes, for want of not "putting everything in one basket" - but if I do this, 1Password still shows up that I've not done it. It's the same for sites that will do 2FA, but do it by SMS codes, or Yubikeys, or codes by email, etc.

It would be nice if there was a checkbox to say "Yes, I've activated 2FA, but not inside 1Password", so that it doesn't "count" towards the ones that can't be seen by 1Password, and end up drowning out the ones that actually need action.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member

Adding the tag "2FA" will exclude an item from Watchtower's 2FA alerts.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1b_!

plttn is absolutely right here, the 2FA tag would do what you are looking for ;)

• 1b_
    1b_
    Community Member

Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @1b_, on behalf of plttn as well :)

• fraeuleinsara
    fraeuleinsara
    Community Member

Hello there,

I have a follow up question to this.

I use the 2FA tag since I also use Authy and/or SMS.
    But I use sub-tags or whatever it is called (e.g. 2FA/Authy and 2FA/SMS) and this doesn't seem to work. I still have the notification from Watchtower. Any way around that?

Or maybe something to be considered in the future, that all tags starting with 2FA/ are recognized by Watchtower.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@fraeuleinsara:

I am not aware of a way around that at the moment. I know however that we are considering ways to do this without even having to use tags in the first place, which is more of a temporary solution. So perhaps this will be addressed automatically ;)

This discussion has been closed.