How to undo import (once I'm out of the import screen) or BULK delete items from Private Vault?

I just imported ALL my 940 passwords from LastPass into 1Password just now. It wasn't clear to me, at the time, the difference between "Private vault" and "My vault". I accidentally imported it into "Private vault" but now realize that I wanted them in "My vault". I am out of the import page and so I cannot figure out how to "undo import" any longer. Also I cannot figure out how I can BULK delete all the passwords and re-import from LastPass into the correct vault. OR am I able to BULK move them from "Private vault" into "My Vault"?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to undo import (once I'm out of the import screen) or BULK delete items from Private Vault?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ddchilds2003! Welcome to the forum!

Also I cannot figure out how I can BULK delete all the passwords and re-import from LastPass into the correct vault.

You could select all the item you have imported with Cmd+A or Ctrl+A, right click on them and move them to the trash. At this point you can import them again if you wish.

OR am I able to BULK move them from "Private vault" into "My Vault"?

Yes, you can also move items in bulk from one vault to another:

Move and copy items

Note however that typically the right vault to use is indeed the Private vault: this is a vault inside your 1Password account, so sync will happen automatically in it. My Vault sounds like a vault you created separately, so make sure this is really the correct vault you would like to use :+1:

• ddchilds2003
    ddchilds2003
    Community Member

Thank you for your comments. After a while of looking around I see that it doesn't seem the browswer version will allow that "bulk select" and move like you mention. I do now see though that the desktop app allows that. Am I missing where I should be able to do the same thing in the browser version?

Also - you mention you thought the "Private" vault might be the better place for items. Many (not all) of the items I will need to share with my team. The way I read "Private" says only I can see them. So I took that to mean I couldn't share items from my Private vault. Is this the correct way to understand it. Yes you are correct I created "My vault" since it seemed to allow me more options to share items to others.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ddchilds2003:

I do now see though that the desktop app allows that. Am I missing where I should be able to do the same thing in the browser version?

That's correct, multiple selections only work in the desktop app, not in the browser extension.

Also - you mention you thought the "Private" vault might be the better place for items. Many (not all) of the items I will need to share with my team. The way I read "Private" says only I can see them. So I took that to mean I couldn't share items from my Private vault. Is this the correct way to understand it. Yes you are correct I created "My vault" since it seemed to allow me more options to share items to others.

In this case, please disregards my previous comment :+1: If you need to share something with the rest of the team, creating a new custom vault is indeed the way to go, as the Private vault is only accessible by you.

This discussion has been closed.