To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Any plans to support ut8 characters in the pwd safeness check?

suchademon
suchademon
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Memberships

Hello, sorry that I placed that in the Category "Families" but I did not found a better one.
So as you can see my question is about the pwd safeness check.
I checked the Watchtower, to see if I have somewhere as not secure pwd.
What I saw than, is that nearly every item is shown up and mentioned as a not secure pwd and to easy to guess.
Well the pwds are generated out of the full utf8 character set and all of them include lower/upper case letter, numbers and special characters as well as they are longer than the maximum 64 character length which the internal 1password-pwd-generater provides.
Could it be that the watchtower is not using utc8 character set for parsing the safeness and replaces all with a unidentified ones with a placeholder/error character?

Many thanks and br

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Password Security Check

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @suchademon!

I don't think this has something to do with the character set: our developers are currently tracking a bug that causes the password strength meter to not update correctly (even when the password itself is actually a strong one). From what you are describing, I think this might be the same bug ;)

• suchademon
    suchademon
    Community Member

Hello @ag_ana , yea that sounds like the same.
    Is there somewhere a place where open bugs/issues are listed, just in case that I am finding more things.
    And one more question, is there a platform where feature request can be submitted, because I found another thing, which can be sorted out by a feature implementation or by a client patch.

Many thanks and br

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@suchademon:

Is there somewhere a place where open bugs/issues are listed, just in case that I am finding more things.
    And one more question, is there a platform where feature request can be submitted, because I found another thing, which can be sorted out by a feature implementation or by a client patch.

The list of open issues is only internal, but if you have anything to report, the forum here is a good place for that :+1: If you are reporting something new, we will open a new internal issue, otherwise we will add your experience to the list in case you are reporting something that our developers are already aware of.

• suchademon
    suchademon
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana ,
    thank you very much, than I will open my findings here.

Have a nice rest of your day
    br

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @suchademon! Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.