Not Auto Recognizing Login Fields Using Firefox

cjs58ny1
cjs58ny1
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I am brand new to 1Password, just subscribed today. I set it up this afternoon and everything was working perfectly, but now I seem to have ruined a setting.

I am using:

Firefox 82.0.3 on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 with both the 1Password Extension and 1Password X Extensions installed.

When I visit a webpage and click in the username or password field, I am no longer getting the pop up from 1Password that recognizes where I am and asks whether I want to use my saved profile from that site in my vault to log in.

I can still log in if I click the icon at the top near the WiFi icon and do the AutoFill or copy the password from there, but what happened to the auto recognizing version? It was working earlier today. I've already done a restart of the computer.

I hope this is making sense. Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X Mojave 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cjs58ny1! Welcome to the forum!

Firefox 82.0.3 on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 with both the 1Password Extension and 1Password X Extensions installed.

Is there a reason why you are using both? The behavior you are looking for (showing the login information after clicking on the username or password field on a website) is offered by 1Password X. From what you are saying, it sounds like 1Password X is locked, and therefore cannot do its job. Can you check if this is the case?

• cjs58ny1
    cjs58ny1
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, thanks for the welcome and response.

I was using both because, honestly, I don't really know what I am doing and figured two is better than one. I removed the 1Password desktop extension and am now just using 1PasswordX, but yes, as you suspect, the icon in the Firefox browser is locked. When I click on it, nothing happens. Do you know how to unlock it?

Thanks,
    Chris

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cjs58ny1:

Clicking on it should show the Master Password field. If nothing is appearing when you click on the 1Password X button in your browser, I wonder if something else on your machine is interfering with this. Do you perhaps have additional browser extensions installed?

• cjs58ny1
    cjs58ny1
    Community Member

@ag_ana

It just shows as locked and doesn't do anything when I click it. I included a screenshot to show that, as well as a screenshot of the other browser extensions in use.

After I first installed the extension yesterday it seemed to be working for the first few hours, then suddenly shifted to this state.

Thanks again for the help.

• cjs58ny1
    cjs58ny1
    Community Member

I did some more googling using the terms in our discussion and found a thread which helped me fix it:

https://1password.community/discussion/112440/firefox-extension-for-1password-locked-icon

Everything seems to be working now. Thanks for helping lead me there!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @cjs58ny1! I am glad to hear that things are working well once again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.