Safari extension doesn't appear

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member

In Safari Preferences/Extensions 1Password is there and checked on. I tried toggle it off and on but it still doesn't appear next to the address box. I noticed this because when I went to a login page 1P didn't show up as an option to in the username box and I couldn't get the unlock 1Password to appear.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TomWolsky!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Does the Safari extension remain active now?

Also, if this started happening immediately after the update to Big Sur, a few users reported that rebooting the computer helped. Have you given that a try already?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thank you. That did it. I quit 1Password from the menu bar. Quit Safari. Reopened it. The extension was still not in the application. I had to toggle it off and back on for it to appear. Hadn't tried rebooting.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that things are working fine again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• hxro
    hxro
    Community Member

I have the same problem . Disappeared from the toolbar and also in the list of the extension on the preference. I tried to quit etc.. but I still have the problem

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hxro:

Can you confirm you quit completely, and not just the main window? To quit completely: right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely.

• hxro
    hxro
    Community Member

Yes , I've done all the process and the extension still missing . I've just created a diagnostic file to send at the support

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hxro:

Thank you! Have you received a ticket number already?

• hxro
    hxro
    Community Member

Not yet. After received the automated reply with some suggestion, I replied back with the diagnostic file.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hxro:

The automatic reply should also include a ticket number between square brackets (perhaps even in the Subject field). If you don't see it, no worries, one of my colleagues will get to it and get back to you as soon as possible anyways ;)

• hxro
    hxro
    Community Member

Oh yes, sorry : #VBW-54111-618

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hxro:

Thank you, found it! We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: VBW-54111-618

• hxro
    hxro
    Community Member

Now I solved, I used time machine. I find out that my brother installed a cracked version of an adobi product the day that the extension stopped to works. Maybe the patch of the software was giving problem.
    Anyway, thanks 👍

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @hxro! And thank you for the update :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.