1Password login still using old password

Pretty sure this has been asked before...3 years using 1Password and I still having the same problem:

Changed the 1Password password to a new one and when login the old password is being used, not even after 24 hours and reboots. Not on Windows, not on Android. HOWEVER, reveal password shows the new password I changed for both Android and Windows.

What exactly is the steps to telling 1Password to use the new passwords? And sync-ing with different platforms?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CQDan, I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with 1Password! Let's find out what is going on.

First of all, could you please specify the exact steps that you take in order to update your existing password using 1Password? It will be quite helpful and I will understand why it doesn't work as expected.

Also, if you tell me the exact version of 1Password that you have on your Windows PC and Android, I will really appreciate it. Here is how you can find it out.

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• CQDan
    CQDan
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Thanks Greg,

Windows version is 7.6.785
    Android version is 7.7.1 on Android 10

Never mind, My bad. I get it now...you have to go to Windows, Open in browser...Profile > Change Master Password. Now it works.

However, that's just for Windows. How does one change Master Password in Android?

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CQDan,

Thank you for the clarification! I now understand that you are talking about your Master Password.

We have a comprehensive guide on how you can change your Master Password, here it is:

How to change your Master Password

If you change your Master Password on 1Password.com, you’ll need to finish changing your Master Password in 1Password 7 for Windows. Open and unlock 1Password using your old Master Password, click the red authentication error banner, and sign in with your new Master Password.

As for your Android device, if you use your 1Password account and have no standalone vaults in 1Password there, there are no further steps that you should take now. Please check if you have standalone vaults in 1Password on your Android device. Let me know what you find.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.