Outdated Dock icon in Big Sur

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member

When will 1Password's Dock icon be updated to match the Squircle Dock icons in Big Sur?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: 11.01
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LarryMcJ!

As soon as possible :+1: :)

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not in a hurry...but just wanted to make sure you guys weren't being one of the "holdouts" who are resisting the dock icon change. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LarryMcJ:

I don't think we would have any reason to resist the dock icon change :) (I did not even know this was a thing!)

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I've read a couple of comments in various blogs about some developers "don't like" the squircle because it removes the originality of their dock icons. I don't want to mention app names :) Yet others are holding out until they release their M1-compatible version, like Microsoft 365.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020
    Options

I see, thank you for the information @LarryMcJ :+1: What I can say is that our designers have been at work on the new icon, so there is nothing to worry about when it comes to 1Password :)

ref: dev/content/design#1308

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020
    Options

@LarryMcJ:

1Password version 7.7 has just been released, and it includes the new icon :)

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_ana! I just saw the upgrade when I opened 1Password this morning. The icon is gorgeous! Kudos to your designers.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @LarryMcJ. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.