Dark mode - any timeline?

I know this has been asked before, but I apologize; I can't seem to find the topic. Is there any timeline for a dark theme in the Windows client? It makes it very uncomfortable to use for me. It's frustrating that the iOS app looks so good, but the Windows client is still a flashlight, compared to most of the apps I use every day.

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (20H2)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @John Ping,

I do not have any specific ETAs for you, but please note that Dark Mode for 1Password for Windows is still on our plate. We didn't forget about it, but our team is busy with other higher priority tasks at the moment. We will post more news once we have them, so please stay tuned.

I understand that these are not the news that you expected and I apologise for this inconvenience.

If you have other questions, feel free to raise them. We are here to help. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• GiselleDZ
    GiselleDZ
    Community Member

I would like to double down on this request. 1Password is the only software I use without dark mode and it is painful to open, makes me not want to manage my passwords. I Hope this feature can be taken care of soon!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @GiselleDZ, noted! :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited December 2020

+1 vote from me for the dark mode! :+1:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB: Thank you for chipping in! :+1: :)

• timesloth
    timesloth
    Community Member

One way to minimize these recurring feature requests could be publishing a (coarse) feature roadmap (e.g. https://github.com/microsoft/terminal/blob/master/doc/terminal-v2-roadmap.md ). Even for an agile company that could be possible once sprints reach a certain stage ( https://1password.community/discussion/104940/roadmap ).

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

One way to minimize these recurring feature requests could be publishing a (coarse) feature roadmap

Such a roadmap would be great to see what comes next. ;)

• @timesloth: We've found that over time, handling feature requests in this way seems to work best for us. We do not generally share any public roadmaps, as we're big fans of underpromising and overdelivering.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

We've found that over time, handling feature requests in this way seems to work best for us.

Good to know @Blake . :+1:

This discussion has been closed.