Options
AndrewParker
AndrewParker
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

the supporting documentation for 1P 7.7 for Mac states:
https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

1Password has a whole new experience in Safari — ... 1Password now deftly fills multi-page login forms and one-time codes.

That sounds great! 8-)

I have an existing login to an annoying webpage which requests in this sequence:

Page 1
1. username
2. DoB (6-digit format)

Page 2
3. password
4. selected digits from a multi-digit passcode

My existing login was created in 1P 7.6 and basically includes the username and password; plus the multi-digit passcode stored in a data item I created

When I logged in to the webpage this morning, 1P populated Page 1 item 1 with my username; page 1 item 2 (DoB) with my password.

Assuming 1P 7.7 is now sufficiently sophisticated to handle such a login sequence (if I was creating a brand new login item) is there a recommended migration path to upgrade my existing login?

Thank you, Andrew

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: subscription

Comments

• ag_jarek
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi @AndrewParker,

Jarek here from the extensions team. Sorry you've run into a bump with filling here!

I'm guessing that the DoB field you mention on page 1 is a type="password" field, which would explain why 1Password is deciding it makes sense to fill the password from your item into it. It shouldn't be doing that, though. Would you be able to post a link to the login page here so that I can take a look at it on my end?

• @AndrewParker,

Thanks so much! That's exactly what I needed; I'll look into fixing the issue with that site tomorrow.

Please note my question is more about migrating a login from 7.6 to 7.7 capabilities than it is about this specific website.

Gotcha. So, in general most logins shouldn't need any changes; the new capabilities in 7.7 are built to work well with items created in the past. In the cases where things break, though, the most helpful route to take is usually to enter your credentials into the page and use the "Save in 1Password" button to save a new login. Filling with that fresh item can often correct issues that arise from version upgrades.

In this particular case, saving a new item wouldn't have helped; there's an issue on our end that's causing filling to work incorrectly here. When that happens it's best to get in contact with us so that we can take a look at it and investigate a fix! We're always working to make autofill better across the entire web :smile:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Jarek, you're most welcome :chuffed:

• @AndrewParker,

I got everything fixed up on the https://online.hl.co.uk/my-accounts/login-step-one page this morning! Keep an eye out for the fix in the next 1Password for Mac update.

After updating, make sure your item has a custom password field on it that has a Date of Birth title, like this:

screenshot of custom item section field titled "date of birth" that is a concealed field type

Then the birth date will correctly fill into the "date of birth" field, rather than your password. :chuffed:

• Hello @AndrewParker

On behalf of Jarek, you are very welcome. Please feel free to give us a shout if you need anything, and have a great week

This discussion has been closed.