Guardian Editions app not integrating nicely with 1P

AndrewParker
AndrewParker
Community Member
edited November 2020 in iOS

Hello, I am in the UK and have a subscription to the Guardian Editions iOS app
When I need to login to the app, I cannot seem to get the app to offer 1P at the username screen. Once I have typed my username, the next screen does offer me 1P to complete the password.
I don’t know if this an issue with Guardian Editions or 1P
Thank you, Andrew
PS all software latest versions

Comments

• @AndrewParker,

If you're using the 1Password autofill extension then having Guardians Edition show up when you initially unlock the 1Password extension then that is solely in Guardian Edition's hands; Apple's AutoFill API makes use of a feature of iOS app development called Associated Domains; a file is put on their web server and their app has a reference in its configuration files. Apple doesn't provide us with any context unless that has been implemented by the app you're filling into; you can still pick logins to fill from 1Password but we have no way to know who is asking if the context isn't passed along to us.

If you want to clue Guardian Editions in on what they need to do to be a good iOS AutoFill citizen: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/safariservices/supporting_associated_domains

• Correct; that would indicate that the Guardian Editions app would need to be updated to properly support Password AutoFill.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.