Autofill Not Always Available

Options

When I go to a website, sometimes autofill is available and sometimes it's not. Then I have to either copy and paste both user name and password or, as I just learned, drag each option to its proper line. This is in Safari and I'm running Mojave, though the issue seemed to start with an upgrade. I'm wondering why autofill isn't present always.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Rebdan ,

With the new 1Password 7.7 update, there are several ways to autofill:

• 1Password should automatically show up inside usernames/password fields and suggest autofilling.
    • You can autofill by clicking the 1Password icon on Safari's toolbar and autofill from there.
    • You can press CMD+\ (Command + Backslash) on your keyboard, which will instruct 1Password to autofill whatever is on the page.

If none of these work, let us know on which website you are experiencing the issue so we can test it and see if there's a quick fix.

• Rebdan
    Rebdan
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thanks for your reply and I'll try and notice which options work. I think what I was referring to is that sometimes, even after I've arrived at the website, I get the button Autofill in the screen of the icon from the toolbar and other times I get "Go." So I'm glad to know that there are other options than copying and pasting the name and password separately but I'm still curious why I don't get the same choices every time. In fact, this is true when I went just now to sign in.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Rebdan ,

I removed your screenshot since it contained your real email.
    If the URL you are currently visiting doesn't match the URL that is in the login entry in 1Password, you'll see a "Go" button which will take you to the URL in the login entry.

If the URL does match, then 1Password will recognize you are on the correct website and will show an "Autofill" button instead of the "Go" button.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

• Rebdan
    Rebdan
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that does clarify things. I tested out what you said and saw that the reason was, as you suggested, that my listing in 1Password didn't exactly match the website. When I changed that for this group, I got the autofill option.
    And thanks for removing the screen shot. I had realized the same and thought I had deleted it myself. Perhaps the instructions for a retraction after composition could be clearer? In any case, after many months of not understanding, I'm glad I finally asked.

• Hey @Rebdan. I'm glad to hear Yaron was able to clear things up for you. :smile: If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

This discussion has been closed.