Band files JSON key content

jjfreire
jjfreire
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello!
I've recently started using 1Password and I have a question about the content of band files in opvault directory in order to backup or clone in the future that content.

I see that the uuid is the same as the log writes when I create a new password, for example, but I don't know what are the "o", "k", "d" and "hmac" keys.

Could you clarify what are them saving? I've taken a look at this but it didn't help me too much https://1password.com/security/#security-white-paper

Thanks in advance. Regards.

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: local
Referrer: forum-search:band content

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jjfreire! I'm not surprised you didn't get far in your search for answers in our Security White Paper. As informative a document as the white paper is, it concerns our 1password.com account system, not the format of our older, standalone vaults (OPVault). Fortunately, we do fully document the OPVault format so you should be able to find answers to your questions there. Feel free to let us know if you have remaining questions, however. Cheers!

• jjfreire
    jjfreire
    Community Member

Thank you so much, @Lars! I'll take a look and I'll comment again if doubts arise. Cheers!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jjfreire,

On behalf of Lars you are very welcome! :)

Let us know if you have other questions, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.