"Automatically copy one-time passwords" option no longer works in version 7.7

Options
mirco
mirco
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

The "Automatically copy one-time passwords" option no longer works in the latest 1Password version 7.7 in Safari 14.0.1 on macOS 11. It does not matter whether the option is checked or not, one-time passwords are always copied to the clipboard.

This is most likely due to the new Safari experience, which is otherwise pretty great. :+1:

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Automatically copy one-time passwords

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mirco ,
    I've just tested things here and one-time passcodes are indeed being copied to the clipboard in the new Safari autofill. That and the fact that 1Password now autofills the 2FA field automatically even though it copied it to the clipboard makes things quite easy and great.

Are you experiencing this on a particular website or on all of them? If it is a particular website, is it one we can open a test account on and investigate?

• mirco
    mirco
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

It happens on all websites.

1Password now autofills the 2FA field automatically even though it copied it to the clipboard

Maybe it is possible to implement this feature without overwriting the clipboard content?

makes things quite easy and great

I agree. Nevertheless, there is now an "Automatically copy one-time passwords" checkbox in the settings which no longer works. It would be great if the functionality could be restored.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Maybe it is possible to implement this feature without overwriting the clipboard content?

We might consider it. 1Password X doesn't copy one-time passcodes to the clipboard, but 1Password in Safari does. It is convenient in case the 2FA field doesn't get autofilled correctly (or at all), so we'll keep an eye on other use cases and feedback.

I agree. Nevertheless, there is now an "Automatically copy one-time passwords" checkbox in the settings which no longer works. It would be great if the functionality could be restored.

This function does work. If it's not working on your end, we need to troubleshoot it on your machine :)
    Can you please follow the steps I performed in this video and see if you can replicate my success: http://recordit.co/PytTcrH33e
    The URL I'm testing this on is here: https://fill.dev/form/login-simple

• mirco
    mirco
    Community Member
    Options

No, you got me wrong. I want to disable copying 2FA tokens to the clipboard by unchecking the checkbox. But even then, the 2FA tokens are always copied to the clipboard.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hey @mirco ,
    Thanks for clarifying, I understood the complete opposite as it seems :)

I was able to replicate the issue and have reported it to our developers. Hopefully this will be fixed in one of the next updates. Thanks for reporting this!

ref: dev/apple/issues#5112

• mirco
    mirco
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of ag_yaron, you are welcome @mirco :)

This discussion has been closed.