How can I downgrade from 1P 7.7 to 7.6?

Options
Kip351
Kip351
Community Member

I just upgraded from 1P 7.6 to 7.7 in response to your notice that 7.7 is available. 7.7 has been nothing but problematic for me, asking me to update my information any time I enter any data. It seems like your auto-recognition algorithm has gone nuts and is asking me to save-as-new or update existing entries any time I try to enter what might be interpreted as login information . I accidentally said "yes" to one request after filling in a one-time code and 1P replaced my valid password with the one-time code! Very sloppy, and a big problem when I went to sign into the site again a few minutes later. Fortunately, I was able to pick a new password so the only thing lost was a little time. Thankfully, I upgraded only on my laptop and not on all the other devices my family uses. 7.6 was far more stable, reliable, and predictable in its behavior and I want to downgrade until the problems with 7.7 are fixed. I have a MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:downgrade from 7.7 to 7.6

Comments

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Something about your experience doesn't make sense to me. The developers are always trotting out one beta version after another of 1Password software (main program, extensions, device-specific, etc.). Wouldn't such fundamental bugs as you describe have been ironed out in the beta testing? Surely AgileBits doesn't take the final beta and make wholesale (untested) changes to it, then release it as production software OK'd for general use. Or do they?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kip351! Welcome to the forum!

I just upgraded from 1P 7.6 to 7.7 in response to your notice that 7.7 is available. 7.7 has been nothing but problematic for me, asking me to update my information any time I enter any data.

Is this happening in a specific browser?

This discussion has been closed.