strategy for multiple emails/credentials at work with same password (that changes every X months)

Options
zeltak
zeltak
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

Hi all

Very new to 1password (first week coming from keepass :)) and liking it a lot so far!

one thing that im still perplexed about (which was fairly easy with keepass) is how to best deal with multiple emails/credentials at work with same password that mandatory changes every X months..

I would hate to change all 20-30 email, LAN logins and credentials password fields every 3 months

is there a common strategy to deal with such an issue?

best regards

Z

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac Big Sur
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• zeltak
    zeltak
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all
    very new to 1 pass coming from Keepass, loving it so far

so I have a question about which strategy to use regarding as the title says using multiple work logins (for email/web logins/LAN credentials) which all share the same password.

The issue is that this password is mandatory changes every 2-3 months and then the user (me :)) is left with 20-30 manual password changes since all these entries (again mail accounts, LAN logins, Company websites) share the same password.

in Keepass you could point the password field to a password field in a master file entry, but from what I can tell that's not possible in 1password?

Any thoughts on strategies once can use to not make me change manually 30 entires each couple of months?

best

Z

1Password Version: 7.7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 11
    Sync Type: iCloud

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zeltak! Welcome to the forum!

Are these login all in the same format? If they are, and they also share the same password as you said, you could use a single Login item, with multiple *website** fields.

This discussion has been closed.