Changing your Apple ID password

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

It's kind of pain. When you enter your current password, a 1Password sheet drops down. This almost completely obscures the incredible stupid white on white web design. If you click off to close the sheet, the process aborts. Try again. Now with the 1Password sheet hanging down, there's less than a one inch target to hit on the white on white interface to get to the new password box, which you then have to repeat to get the confirm password box. I lost count of how many times I had to try this. Of course I had trouble typing the new password as there is no muscle memory, combined with no display at all of what's being typed on Apple's part on it's absolutely vile webpage. Incredibly annoying. Then I go to 1Password to change the Apple ID password, which I do easily enough, but realize there are dozens of places in the application that use Apple ID. I'm going to have to change them all individually. I guess I'll do it when they come up.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TomWolsky!

When you enter your current password, a 1Password sheet drops down. This almost completely obscures the incredible stupid white on white web design. If you click off to close the sheet, the process aborts.

Can you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Like this

At the moment the Unlock 1Password button isn't working. This maybe because the application is open and unlocked. Different problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky:

I think it's important that we understand why the inline menu is locked even if the main app isn't, so you don't even have to enter your current password manually, and 1Password can take care of filling that field and also changing the password for you.

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? If you now click on the Unlock 1Password button in the inline menu, are you prompted to unlock the app?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

If I click here

The drop down sheet simply closes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky:

That's what I also see, clicking on the 1Password icon on the right side of a field changes its visibility. Can you try once again directly with the Unlock 1Password button instead?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

There was no unlock password button this time, just the button at the end of the field.

Here was another problem from the Atlassian site. I use Trello. I have the password entering in 1Passord as Trello. When I went into Atlassian the dropdown kept getting in the way. I get this when I try to enter the password

I could copy the password from the extension button to the top of the browser, but the drop down made it difficult to enter.

This discussion has been closed.