Vaults and Login Details

veitouk
veitouk
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello, I have been using 1PW for years however not sure how i have created two vaults and have been using them along so my 1st question, how to merge both vaults and have one only?

My second issue - i noticed that for the same login i have mutliple entries, in the past i could only see one entry per login now they are more than one with same information and same date/year stamp so not sure why but i would like to have only one login entry showing in 1PW list, how can i eliminate mutltiple entries?

1Password X
Version: 1.21.0

thank you

1Password Version: X
Extension Version: 1.21.0
OS Version: MS & OS MAC
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @veitouk! Welcome to the forum!

Hello, I have been using 1PW for years however not sure how i have created two vaults and have been using them along so my 1st question, how to merge both vaults and have one only?

Do you see both of these vaults if you login to your account on the 1Password.com website?

My second issue - i noticed that for the same login i have mutliple entries, in the past i could only see one entry per login now they are more than one with same information and same date/year stamp so not sure why but i would like to have only one login entry showing in 1PW list, how can i eliminate mutltiple entries?

It's possible that this is a consequence of the fact that you have two vaults. Perhaps you duplicated your vaults and this is why this is happening. Once we understand where the second vault really is, we will be able to take care of this too ;)

• veitouk
    veitouk
    Community Member

Yes, I can see both vaults in my account

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@veitouk:

Thank you for the confirmation. Currently there is no way to merge two vaults I am afraid, so you will have to move your items from one vault to another, making sure you don't copy items that already exist, so to avoid duplicates.

You probably have a main vault that you have been using all along, so it's also possible that the other vault was created some time ago, but if you did not save anything there, it should be safe to delete (but still double check first :+1: )

• smyoung
    smyoung
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

I have the same issue but only see one vault in my account. The second was created a long time ago when I upgraded my account and now I have a duplicate of everything (I've just been living with it for now) I'm not sure what to delete or not.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@smyoung:

If you look at the contents of the vault inside your account, do you see the duplicates there?

This discussion has been closed.