Safari Extension not opening in latest Mac OS Big Sur Beta

bryanschmiedeler
bryanschmiedeler
Community Member

I have been running Mac OS 11.0 since about beta 3 and all has worked fine, including with the Safari 1Password extension.

The latest beta might have caused an issue. When I click the Safari Extension nothing happens. If I click the menu bar 1Password item then I get the screen that tells me to turn on the 1Password Safari Extension. I check and it is turned on already. I turned it off and on. I also reinstalled the 1Password extension, and restarted the computer, etc. No joy.

Is this a known issue?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: Mac OS 11.0 20A5374g
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bryanschmiedeler!

This is indeed a known issue if you are running Big Sur beta. Our developers are aware of this, and we will try to make sure this is addressed before Big Sur is officially released to the public :+1:

• bryanschmiedeler
    bryanschmiedeler
    Community Member

That is fine.

Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @bryanschmiedeler! Thank you for your understanding :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• TJLuoma
    TJLuoma
    Community Member

A workaround for this is to go to the 1Password menu bar item, choose "Quit 1Password Completely" and then re-launch it. Then it will work in Safari.

• Thanks for adding that @TJLuoma. :)

Ben

• TJLuoma
    TJLuoma
    Community Member

Of course what I'm trying to figure out is how to automate it, but I'm hoping the problem is solved before I figure that out :-)

• 🙏🏻

Ben

• neokan
    neokan
    Community Member

Any updates on this issue? Would running the beta fix it in the interim?

• @neokan

If you're running the Big Sur beta it probably does make sense to run the 1Password beta as well, though this specific issue has not been addressed. :+1:

Ben

• neokan
    neokan
    Community Member

Thanks. I was able to get it working by following TJLuoma suggestion above.

• Glad to hear it. :) Thanks.

Ben

• alle0409
    alle0409
    Community Member

really frustrating that it does not work at all with Safari in Big Sur. Everything is up to date on my machine and 1password simply does not work. Has the bug not been fixed with the full release? Click on the extension and simply nothing happens, don't even get prompted to unlock 1password. Already did the "quit completely" and reopen workaround and it still does not work.

• Didiko
    Didiko
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Still no solution in sight?

Discovered that the "open and fill" command in 1P application itself does not work anymore either!?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@alle0409, @Didiko:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Didiko
    Didiko
    Community Member

Finally everything is more or less working fine (except "open and fill" on some websites but this is probably linked to the website itself).

I had to completely shut down my Mac PRO and this morning it seems ok.

It was a bit stressful as I keep all my 400+ logins in 1P...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Didiko:

I am glad to hear that a reboot helped fixed things for you :) And thank you for the update! :+1:

• Didiko
    Didiko
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Actually, it had to be a complete shutdown, the reboot did not fix the issue ;-)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

First thing old computer pros try. Power-cycling solves a world of problems for all kinds of gizmos. It's also helpful in establishing a consistent base condition from which to try various fixes to deal with a given issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed :+1: :)

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

I have a similar problem.
    Problem: field shows the 1Password icon, right click options:

• Show 1Password mini
    • Hide 1Password on this page
      So

• no autofill anymore

• if you click Show 1Password mini, it suggests to"unlock 1Password" but if you click that, nothing happens

macOS Big Sur vs 11.0.1
    1Password 7 vs 7.7 (70700016) Mac App Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HalfBekend:

no autofill anymore

Does the new 1Password inline menu appear for you when you click on a username or password field?

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

In the mean time I quitted the 1Password mini (via status bar right top of the display)

Please describe the 1Password inline menu?
    What I see is the fields to be filled in with on the right side the 1Password- icon (with a little padlock).
    Then it asks me to Unlock 1Password (button).

Now it does unlock and fills in the userid and pwd.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HalfBekend:

Now it does unlock and fills in the userid and pwd.

That is good to hear :+1: Let us know if this happens to you again.

This discussion has been closed.