Prevent timeout lock?

josepk
josepk
Community Member

Hi All,

I'm running the 1Password app on my Mac and the 1Password extension in my Safari browser. Since I'm running this at home, there's no need to have 1Password lock in the Safari extension after X minutes of inactivity.

Within Preferences for the 1Password extension in Safari, I have everything unchecked under Auto-Lock (within the Security tab). However, 1Password still locks after some amount of inactivity. How do I prevent the Safari 1Password extension from auto-locking after a period of time?

I have the latest version of 1Password, Safari, and the Mac OS.

Thanks!

Joe

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:prevent lock?

Comments

• Hi @josepk

My apologies; it isn't possible to prevent 1Password from locking entirely. That said if you've adjusted your lock settings accordingly it should be possible to a lock to be very infrequent. How often are you seeing 1Password lock? Are you able to pin down any particular circumstances under which this happens? I'd like to try to determine for you if this is a consequence of how 1Password is designed, or if there is a bug somewhere.

Thanks.

Ben

• josepk
    josepk
    Community Member

Hi Ben - thank you for the quick response. 1Password will stay unlocked for the day (when I'm at my Mac). However, when I go to bed and wake up the next morning, 1Password has locked itself again. Within LastPass, there was a setting for me to allow LastPass to stay unlocked on certain devices of my choosing. I was hoping 1Password had this same feature?

• Thanks @josepk.

Within LastPass, there was a setting for me to allow LastPass to stay unlocked on certain devices of my choosing. I was hoping 1Password had this same feature?

Not quite, no. For example, restarting the Mac is always going to cause 1Password to be locked, regardless of any settings. If you aren't shutting down / restarting the Mac, the next time you find 1Password has locked when you weren't expecting it to, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/116467/prevent-timeout-lock#latest
    • Your forum username: josepk

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• zignice
    zignice
    Community Member

I have the same issue, but it seems worse. I work from home and on my computer all day. I end up unlocking the Safari browser extension over and over and over. Sometimes just 5 minutes after I just used it.

• @zignice,

What do your 1Password security settings look like?

• zignice
    zignice
    Community Member

During the day my computer is rarely idle for 90 minutes and typically never gets to the screen saver so I am not sure why 1Password keeps locking.

This discussion has been closed.