Upgraded to Mig Sur and 1password has updated itself

crom
crom
Community Member

I have been a happy customer since version 4 and purchased a few licenses for windows, mac ... even my mother-in-law! I object strongly to the software I've bought being suddenly updated without my permission and it's now asking me to buy a subscription...which effectively is for a product that I have already paid for. Can you help me to put this right please? I was very happy using v6 but now everytime I use my browser I am getting pop ups trying to get me to buy 1password.

1Password Version: 6 and 7
Extension Version: firefox, safari
OS Version: big sur
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @crom!

There is no automatic update from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7: the only way to switch to version 7 would be to manually download it and install it. So it sound slike that's what you did even before upgrading to Big Sur.

If you open the Applications folder on your Mac, how many copies of the 1Password app do you see there?

• rsherms604
    rsherms604
    Community Member

I also purchased a long time ago. I did the update to 7 out of habit to keep updated, and am getting the same popup and now my entries are all read only! Nor can I add any new ones. @ag_ana what do I do? Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rsherms604:

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade: you need either a license, or an active subscription to use it. If you have neither of those, you need to continue using the previous version of 1Password. It would also be great if you could answer the question I sent in my previous post:

If you open the Applications folder on your Mac, how many copies of the 1Password app do you see there?

Thanks!

• rsherms604
    rsherms604
    Community Member

@ag_ana I only see 7, nothing else. I just pulled an oder coy from my trash.... Do I delete 7?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rsherms604:

Yes, please remove version 7 if you don't intend to either purchase a license for it or a subscription, because you would not be able to use it until it is activated.

This discussion has been closed.