Want to backup iphone standalone passwords in 1password app to pc

fportloff
fportloff
Community Member

Need to create a document with all my password info in the 1password app I have on my iphone. I have a standalone app that doesn't sync to anything and I need to keep a copy of my passwords in my safe at home so I don't lose everything if the phone fails.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: unk
OS Version: ios 14.2 (iphone)
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:backup iphone standalone passwords in 1 password app to pc

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fportloff! Welcome to the forum!

You can find the instructions on how to backup your vaults in 1Password for iOS on this support page. Please let us know how it goes!

• fportloff
    fportloff
    Community Member

Thanks for the info on making a backup. Worked well as I have a 1p4_zip file on my pc. Next step is to open it so I can have a hard copy for my safe should my phone fail or I am not able to get into my 1password app. Any suggestions?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@fportloff:

You mean opening it without 1Password? Even on a different device?

• fportloff
    fportloff
    Community Member

The other day an app wouldn’t open because the fingerprint reader wouldn’t work on my iPhone. When I went to 1password I had to use the master password which I didn’t remember at first as I hadn’t used it in years.

I want a hard copy of the password info in my vault that I can put in my safe in case this happens again or if the phone craps out. Short of writing it down page by page, it would be nice to be able to get it electronically.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@fportloff:

In this case, you could export your data instead. But in order to do this, you need at least to import a copy of your data in 1Password for mac or 1Password for Windows first, as you cannot export directly within 1Password for iOS.

If you still want to do this exclusively without 1Password, please see this discussion from earlier this year, where my colleague Ben also commented.

This discussion has been closed.