How to recover family account after forgetting master password

corvek
corvek
Community Member

I changed my master password.... iPhone face recognition timed out and I forgot to copy the new password from the secure document I store things in before that happened. With face recognition not an option I am unable to recover my account.

We do have a family share, but when my daughter logs on to the 1Password website she can only see my name on the right hand side. Recover account is not an option so I assume she must not have permissions.

I was able to open 1Password on my old Mac and have exported my database so at least have somewhat of a backup although missing some changes.

I thought 1Password did auto backups so hoping I have some kind of option available to me. Is it not possible to restore 1Password to a previous backup that will still be on my old master password that I know? Or how do I ever recover the online family account? I hope it is not a matter of deleting that family account and having to purchase a new one....and then dealing with my daughter on how to swap to the new one....

Corey

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPhone and Web
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:recover

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020

Hi @corvek! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: JYG-61746-614

This discussion has been closed.