Changes in prior 1Password apps not syncing to v7.7

dude1234
dude1234
Community Member

Hi,

I've encountered sync issues via 1Password Family where a change made in v7.6 on one MacBook Pro does not appear in v7.7 on a second MacBook Pro (both running 10.15.7). The change did appear in the iOS app. The change was performed yesterday.

Noting the discrepancy today in v7.7, I undid the change in v7.6 and then re-applied the change in v7.6 and the change then sync'd across to v7.7.

Please let me know if you require any other info to support troubleshooting and resolution.

Thanks,

Eric

1Password Version: 7.6 vs 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1PFamily account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dude1234!

Are you able to consistently reproduce this behavior on demand, even with new items?

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana - I am able to reproduce the issue when starring an existing item in v7.6. The update does not flow to v7.7 on the separate MBP. The change flows to v7.7 when later creating a new item in v7.6.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dude1234:

The first thing we need to understand if the issue is with 1Password 7.6, or with 1Password 7.7 on the other machine. When you make a change in 1Password 7.6, do you see the change if you login to the 1Password.com website?

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Hi @ag_ana - yes, just checked that several edits made this morning are appearing on the site and can confirm they are appearing on the site.

As originally mentioned, I was seeing changes applied in v7.6 on one MBP appear in the iOS app but not v7.7 on a different MBP. In addition to that, this discrepancy in v7.7 stood-out because I've seen edits sync instantly across 3 devices (i.e. 2 MBP's and 1 iPhone) prior to installing v7.7 on one of the MBP's. So, it would appear this is a problem with v7.7 rather than v7.6.

Let me know if anything else.

Thanks,

Eric

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dude1234:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac (the one running version 7.7) and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana - the ticket number is: [#RDS-59869-152]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dude1234:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: RDS-59869-152

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana - I have just submitted a second report because v7.7 has again not synced items starred on Saturday, but now also a new login created Sunday within v7.6. All changes have synced to the iOS app. The MBP with v7.7 has been running since Sunday morning when turned on to create the first report submitted to you. So, when unlocking 1P v7.7 today (Monday), those changes should have been synced by now but in fact have not. Total count of all logins is showing as one less in v7.7 vs v7.6. Starred items list is showing as one less in v7.7 vs v7.6.

Let me know if you need anything else.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @dude1234, thank you for the update. I see your new report in the system, it's added to your previous message already. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible :+1:

This discussion has been closed.