Trojans

Options

I know all my passwords are within the vault etc but is it possible for Trojans to see my master password each time I have to enter it and then access my vaults. I recently had some Trojans so I’m concerned.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @asukulu,

Trojans can be different, but if your computer is compromised, there is not much that 1Password can do. I mean, if your computer is compromised, there is no need for an attacker to even know your Master Password, as it could simply access the data when you did, as it needs to be decrypted locally in order for it to be of any use to you.

However, if you have any concerns about the Master Password interception, when you enter it in 1Password 7 for Windows, you can give the "Unlock on Secure Desktop" feature a try (look for a shield icon on the lock screen of 1Password 7 for Windows).

This feature is about creating an isolated desktop where only the specific list of processes are allowed to run on that desktop, in our case, only 1Password-authorized processes. It helps protect against key loggers. The "Enter Master Password" dialog appears on another desktop (that we temporarily create ourselves), and Windows messages do not travel across desktops. Key loggers are thus precluded from spying on the (keyboard) messages.

I hope it helps. If you have any other questions, we are here to help. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.