MacOD Big Sur / 1Password v7.7 Export to other formats such as csv or txt an issue

Options
DerekAB
DerekAB
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

Hello,

Start with the basics,
running on a 2020 Mac Mini, 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (7070015)

I noted from the blog this issue https://1password.community/discussion/115423/1password-7-version-7-7-beta-15-csv-file-issue

And I still have this, when I use "export" for a Vault I can't actually use the mouse to select the "File format" box at all... I can however use the Tab key to get down to that box and then use the cursor arrows to select.

Actually now I am experimenting a bit the action is more weird than that, If I just click (using mouse (I have 2 "mice", the standard Apple Bluetooth mouse and a Wacom tablet which presents as a mouse)working in parallel) in the "Tags" field, I can then click on the "File format" drop down and select .csv or .txt.

Ah, now I discover if you use the Arrow to the right of the Export Destination Folder (see attached graphic) which either adds or removes the destination folder details and selection and significantly changes the size of the Export Popup (as expected), then selecting the "File format" using the mouse comes to life! So there is something slightly inconsistent going on? Just clicking this line option makes it all work again!

Looking forward to any thoughts

Best regards, Derek B

1Password Version: Version 7.7 (7070015)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29)
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DerekAB!

It doesn't seem like I am able to reproduce this issue. When I get to the export window, I am able to click on the dropdown menu and choose other export formats. I noticed that you tried a few things already, are you able to share a list of instructions that I can follow, to make sure I am following the same process as you?

• DerekAB
    DerekAB
    Community Member
    Options

That's fair enough, I can't get back on this today, will try and get some more detail over the weekend and see what other combinations do or don't work for me! I will also try looking at the console to see if anything obvious crops up, but I suspect that's unlikely!

Cheers, DerekAB

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @DerekAB! Sounds good :)

• DerekAB
    DerekAB
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I haven't managed to do as much as I expected. What i have done is delete the app (and emptied the recycle bin) and restarted the mac, that didn't change anything, so I did all this again and this time powered it down for a short while (my entire hard drive is SSD), restarted and installed agin. All this was consistently the same as my original fault.

I had a look at the console, the only things related to 1Password when going through the export process were non-fatal errors, screenshots attached (there is nothing specific to my setup in here). This could of course be totally a red herring and nothing top do with the problem at all! Screen shots attached,

Cheers, Derek

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DerekAB:

Thank you for the additional information. I have managed to reproduce this issue, and for the moment resizing the save dialog gets the pop-up to work again.

I saw that there is an open issue internally so our developers are already aware of this. Hopefully there will be a fix soon ;)

• DerekAB
    DerekAB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana,

Perfect, good to know, I haven’t tried your workaround yet, will do that shortly, just jumping into the “Tag” field first and doing nothing also brings the pop up active as well, I will keep an eye for a future update, the workarounds are fine for now, many thanks for your help,

Best regards, DerekAB

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @DerekAB! And thank you for your help in troubleshooting this too :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.