"new" Safari browser extension only recognises logins from "Personal" vault

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

I like the new extension, except I cannot use it whenever I do not have my "personal" vault selected (which is most of the time).

So the new extension has actually become a massive nuisance as it is always trying to auto-fill with the wrong login. I therefore have to open the 1Password main window and manually copy/paste my login details. 1Password then adds insult to injury by trying to save these details as a new login to my Personal vault.

Basically, logging in has now become a fight for me. Super frustrating.

Do I have something wrong with my settings or is this a recognised problem?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: OSX 10.15.7
Sync Type: memberships

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JamesHenderson!

I like the new extension, except I cannot use it whenever I do not have my "personal" vault selected (which is most of the time).

Can you please elaborate on this? Why can you not use it when your Personal vault is not selected? What happens exactly?

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

Regardless of which vault is selected, the Safari extension only gives me choices from the "personal" vault.

This causes 2 types of problem: either it does not find the login, or it is selecting the wrong login (becuase I have 2 for that website but in different vaults).

• @JamesHenderson,

The inline menu always shows you what is available via All Vaults, if you've excluded vaults from All Vaults then those items won't appear in the menu ever. The menu's contents are not linked to what you have selected as the active vault in the main or mini windows.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy - that’s useful info, thanks. However, that’s a backward step from v 7.6 and does not work for me.

What about the 2nd account that I have? How do I get those to show?

• @JamesHenderson,

You would be signed into that second account in 1Password for Mac and include its vaults in the All Vaults grouping in Preferences -> Vaults -> All Vaults

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

yep, I can confirm that. And it's a real loss of functionality.

This means that individual vaults are now redundant.

What's the point in having vaults (which we use to separate things) if you cannot then use them to fill in a password inline? To be clear, I removed some vaults from "all Vaults" to make them invisible for 99% of the time and only want to "see" them when that vault is selected. I also have 2 other accounts (family members, not mine) and so for 99% of the time, I do not want to see them either and they are also therefore excluded from"all vaults". As of v 7.7 I cannot log in with data in any vault that is not also in "all vaults"??

Is this rule (must be in all-vaults to be functional) now hard-wired into the new design or can this be addressed?

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

agh, it looks like I still have the "old" functionality if I switch "show inline menu in Safari" off, so it's just the new "in-line" functionality that makes no sense.

• rudy
    edited November 2020
    Options

@JamesHenderson,

they're not mutually exclusive; you can definitely continue to use 1Password mini with or without the visibility of the inline menu on the page. I have asked someone to weigh in on the disjointed experience with the inline menu as well.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

cheers.

I really like the inline experience. Sadly, it is of no use to me only showing matches for items in "all vaults" and have had to switch it off.

This discussion has been closed.