Password rules in different dialogues not consistent

See the images for the best explanation of the differences in password generation

Recommended password in browser
— special characters = 1
— length = 18 (set 20 in the addon)
1Password-X_Recommended-password-in_browser

Password generated in browser addon
— special characters = 1
1Password-X_Password-generated-in-browser-addon

Manual login created
— special characters = 5
1Password-X_Manual-login-created

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @ugafta,

Thank you for reaching out and letting me know about the issue you encountered while using 1Password.

Currently, you can't modify the auto-suggested passwords. We want to give users a seamless experience with 1Password X without having to do anything. Our ultimate goal is to make 1Password X read website requirements and provide satisfactory passwords for all of them. It is not unfeasible, but there is still work to be done.

If the suggested passwords don't match your site's requirements, please use the password generator from the extension or the 1Password app.

I would also like to clarify that adding more special symbols in a password does not really make it stronger. I assure you that it will take a few trillion years to hack a password with only one special symbol.

• MTProf62
    MTProf62
    Community Member

Thank you for providing this information in the forum! I look forward to 1Password offering the feature to which you refer. (Reading website requirements to provide passwords that meet particular criteria.) For now, I will generate a password, and modify it appropriately in the 1Password 7 app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @MTProf62! And on behalf of nhat_1P, you are welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.