How can I remove my personal vault?

Options
srbnyc
srbnyc
Community Member

I would like to remove my Personal vault because it is largely out of date. For the past year I have been using a different vault which includes my current passwords.

Today I added 1PasswordX version 1.22.3

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I remove my personal vault?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @srbnyc!

The Personal vault is a default vault in a 1Password account, and as such cannot be removed. If you already have your current password in a different vault, you could empty the Personal vault to avoid duplicates, but the vault itself cannot be deleted.

• IvyJen
    IvyJen
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

@ag_ana I have the exact same problem. Is there a way to empty my personal vault of all its outdated passwords other than deleting them one-by-one? If yes, how? And then, is there a way to export all my up-to-date passwords from my non-personal vault over to my now empty personal vault efficiently? My goal is to have just one vault with all the up-to-date info. I am the type of person who needs step-by-step directions (sorry!) Thank you for your help.

1Password v 7.7

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@IvyJen:

Is there a way to empty my personal vault of all its outdated passwords other than deleting them one-by-one? If yes, how?

You can select multiple items in the 1Password app, by Cmd+clicking on multiple items, or even by selecting all items with Cmd+A.

And then, is there a way to export all my up-to-date passwords from my non-personal vault over to my now empty personal vault efficiently?

The easiest way would be to move items directly from one vault to the other, so you don't even need to export data ;)

Move and copy items

This discussion has been closed.