My Last Generated password never updates

Options
Miluda
Miluda
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I use the Chrome extension for 1Password. I created a new password for my bank account and expected 1Password to copy the new generated password to "Generated Passwords" in the app as soon as I hit "copy" but it didn't. After submitting, the pop-up to update my password in 1Password didn't appear, so I used "Last Generated Password" and the password that is copied is the same exact one no matter how many new ones I generate. It's definitely not the one I used for my bank account because the character amount was longer than what I chose. I've lost my bank password and now will have to call in or go to a branch to change it (I'm in Japan), which really sucks!

I upgraded Chrome today and also upgraded to Win 10 2004 before changing my bank password.

I have a corporate version provided by my company that had a license file so I can't upgrade 1Password to anything higher.

Any idea where the generated password could have gone? The only generated passwords under "Generated Passwords" in the app that got saved were from yesterday--in fact the copied "Last Generated Password" is eternally stuck as the last login I was able to save.

I saved a new login + generated password from today (I registered for this community) and it still did not replace the "Last Generated Password" matching one of my logins from yesterday.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 build 2004
Sync Type: Dropbox
Chrome Version: 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Comments

• Miluda
    Miluda
    Community Member
    Options

My original post got deleted, I'm not sure why. Sorry if I posted it in the wrong section. A notification on why it was deleted would be useful.

I use the 1Password Chrome extension. When I select "Last Generated Password" it doesn't copy my last generated password, but one I made yesterday. I have generated quite a few passwords since yesterday and the "Last Generated Password" still hasn't changed.

When I go to the app to see the "Generated Passwords" section, it doesn't list the one I made for my bank account today.

"Last Generated Password" doesn't update even when I made my account for this community.

Since I doubt I can find that password, I hope this is a useful bug report.

Chrome Version 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1Password Version: 4.6.2.6.626
    Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
    OS Version: Win 10 build 2004
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi @Miluda,

Thank you for reaching out! I can see both of your messages, so it seems that your initial message got caught in the spam filter first, but was posted eventually.

As for the issue at hand: I am a little confused with what version of 1Password and 1Password extension for Chrome you use now. The thing is that 1Password companion extension for Chrome would not work in Chrome 72+, due to updated code signature. See this article on our website for more information.

If you are using 1Password extension in Chrome 86.0.4240.198, is it possible that you are using something else, not 1Password 4?

Could you please take a look at these two screenshots and tell me which one looks similar to what you see on your side?

1:

2:

Once we understand what version of 1Password you have, we will try to understand what happened with the generated password. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.