Offer to save Login Info only after successful Login

Options

Hey Everyone,

So I was wondering if I'm missing something or 1password just doesn't offer this.

LastPass and Dashlane both offer to save passwords as a little toast notification thing after a successful login. The only way I've noticed to do it with 1password, is during the process of entering the username/password in the 1password dropdown where a button appears that says "Save to 1Password". But what if you're not sure if the login info is correct?

I feel like the notification after login is a much better UX.

What do you guys think?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1PasswordX 1.23.0
OS Version: Arch Linux 5.9.8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ndom91 – great question! It's been asked a few times here in the forum, so I'll point you to one of my previous explanations here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/518633/#Comment_518633

If you have any questions after reading that comment, please do let me know! :chuffed: In addition to that, I'll be passing your feedback along to my team so we can take it into consideration as we build future versions of 1Password X.

ref: dev/core/core#634

• ndom91
    ndom91
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn thanks for the quick answer! Your linked post makes a lot of sense. That's how I end up doing it too, save anyway and then just update if I've messed up, but it still a much more comfortable user experience to simply accept the suggested save after a successful login.

From a development perspective, I don't think you'd even need to check if the login was successful, checking for a page navigation from the extension should do. If the login was unsuccessful, the user won't accept the save. However, if it was successful then the user can just hit "save"! Something to think about maybe.. Haha

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ndom91 – For sure! I definitely see where you're coming from, and it's something that we think about often. I added your comment to the internal issue we have open. Thanks for sharing your feedback with me. 😊

• nunya_biznas
    nunya_biznas
    Community Member
    Options

I also would like this feature, coming from lastpass it was one thing I miss being able to save only after a successful login.

To keep updating the password seems long and tedious when you can enter multiple passwords and than just save the one that works.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know @nunya_biznas, I have added you to the list of people who requested this :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#272

This discussion has been closed.