Uhhh...shouldn't the 1Password Community site have stronger password options?

Options
josepk
josepk
Community Member

I'm a bit new here, so please don't shoot the newbie. But after signing up to the 1Password Community site, I noticed there's not a 2FA option for my profile.

Granted, there's not a lot a hacker could take if my 1Password Community profile got hacked, but wouldn't that look really bad to the rest of the Internet? I mean, here's a community site devoted to a product to make your life more secure. A product that advocates using 2FA wherever possible but their community site doesn't have a 2FA option? It sounds a bit like, "do as I say, not as I do", no?

Maybe someone of influence will see this and consider adding 2FA to our profile login on this community site? Just sayin' :)

Thank you for listening.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @josepk!

Thank you for your feedback :) The last time we checked, Vanilla were still considering adding this feature for admin accounts. As you can see, the discussion is quite old now, so I am not sure if there have been any updates on that front, I could not find anything about 2FA for regular accounts.

• josepk
    josepk
    Community Member
    Options

If the community site gets hacked, 1Password (the product) will be painted in the broad brush of "not secure". It's not difficult to add 2FA, so I don't understand why you would not fast-path this to deployment. Of course, this is an outsider looking in, and I don't understand all the internal company variables, but IMO, the community site should have 2FA - there's only upside in doing so.

Thank you for listening.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@josepk:

We can certainly send this feedback to the Vanilla developers :+1:

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Half facetious: Since we here are all 1Password users, won't our login password for the 1Password forum be unique and unguessable? And if stolen, it won't allow for access to anything other site anyway? So of no use to identity thieves?

• Ben
    Options

Those are great points @hawkmoth. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.