Chrome and the Chrome extension

RCMjr
RCMjr
Community Member

I have two questions. First, I was doing something in Chrome the other day in my Settings and I turned off (?) 1 PW. When it was on and I came to a site that needed my password, I hit Shift+Command+X and the 1PW window popped up where I either entered my main password to get into the file, or I clicked on Autofill and 1PW entered my login and password into the fields. How can I get that turned back on?

Secondly, I used to be able to hit Command+/ and 1PW would show up allowing me either to log in or enter the password into the fields on my browser. Now when I do that I get a window telling me to add 1PW to Google Chrome and when I click that button I'm taken to my 1PW account where I enter my Master Password and then it opens up my file, but no extension is installed.

What do I need to do to get my 1PW life back in order?

Thank you.

Chip

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RCMjr!

You are probably looking for the companion browser extension for Chrome, it sounds like you installed 1Password X by mistake.

No matter what extension you decide to use, however, please disable the built-in password manager in your Chrome browser: from your first screenshot, I see that you left it enabled, so that can cause conflicts with 1Password.

• RCMjr
    RCMjr
    Community Member

@ag_ana The link you provided just takes me to the 1PW login, so I'm not sure what extension you're suggesting I load.

• @RCMjr

Sorry for any confusion caused. As you're using Chrome, you'd install the Chrome extension:

Ben

• RCMjr
    RCMjr
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben and @ag_ana

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @RCMjr! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• stevegordn
    stevegordn
    Community Member

I have 1password ext 4.7.5.90 installed in chrome and I use 1 password 7 on my mac. But if I click the 1password icon on my chrome nav bar it does not open the 1password window with my passwords to copy but instead opens a window that says "1 password extension desk top app required". This happened after I updated my 1password as part of a mac series of updates. How do I get my 1password extension to work again?

• stevegordn
    stevegordn
    Community Member

I have 1password ext 4.7.5.90 installed in chrome and I use 1 password 7 on my mac. But if I click the 1password icon on my chrome nav bar it does not open the 1password window with my passwords to copy but instead opens a window that says "1 password extension desk top app required". This happened after I updated my 1password as part of a mac series of updates. How do I get my 1password extension to work again?

• Hi @stevegordn

Please try these instructions. I realize some of the references are to Safari, and you're using Chrome. I understand that is counter-intuitive, but it is correct. ;)

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. (Optional — to enable Safari support) Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Launch Chrome and verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.