PayPal Login: Password will not be filled in

Options
dmacx
dmacx
Community Member

If I tab on the password field in the login form, I get the popup from 1password. After tab on the entry I want to fill in, 1password will copy the OTP in the clipboard, but will not fill in the password.

In order to login to PayPal, I always have to open 1password, copy the password, go back to PayPal to paste it in. After this I go back to 1password to copy the OTP to paste this in.

The password field is correct within 1password.

1Password Version: 7.7.3 BETA-2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• ag_audrey
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hey @dmacx, thank you for reaching out!

Unfortunately, this is a known issue where PayPal actively blocks filling in their app. We're able to input the credentials, but the app instantly clears them. We have reached out to them on our end to ask that they adjust this behaviour and support filling, but they haven't gotten back to us. We recommend you reach out to them on your end as well, as we hope they may speed up the process if there are multiple requests for Autofill support.

In the meantime, filling works in the PayPal website. You can also try configuring Biometric Access for your PayPal app, so you'll only need to use your fingerprint to log in.

Let us know if you run into any other filling issues!

This discussion has been closed.