Safari extension borked after latest update :(

Options
josepk
josepk
Community Member

After what appeared to be an update from 1Password, the 1Password Safari extension no longer works for me. Disabling the extension and then attempting to re-enable it, I get the message "Safari detected an app or service that interfered with clicking." Following the instructions in the link did not help (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211233?cid=mc-ols-safari-article_h211233-macos_ui-06162020).

Also, I completely uninstalled 1Password on my Mac and then re-installed, but no change :(

Are others encountering this? Any suggestions for how to get the 1Password extension in Safari back to a working state?

Note: The 1Password app on my Mac works fine - it's the Safari extension that appears borked.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.01
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:safari detected an app or service

Comments

• josepk
    josepk
    Community Member
    Options

Update: Rebooted my Mac and now all is well - I can re-enable the extension. Weird :(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @josepk! I am glad to hear that a reboot fixed things for you :+1:

• AWThompson
    AWThompson
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thank you @josepk and @ag_ana! I found this helpful - I also had the problem written about in this thread and at least one other recent thread: 1Password updated to 7.7. The OS App worked great, as did the extension in chrome; but, the mini app extension in safari would not work.

I was running OS 10.14 (Mojave) and the 1Password site indicated that the extension was installed and operating in my browser (safari version 14.0.1). I used preferences for safari and 1Password to toggle the associated program off and on. I uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password and rebooted my Mac a few times, trying my best to follow other directions in these support threads. These did not help or I did it incorrectly.

I finally updated to OS 11.0.1 (Big Sur) and the extension is working in Safari just fine now. Safari version is the same - so I am not sure what happened but it is working and I had planned to update the OS anyhow.

We are really happy with 1Password and I appreciate the support forum!

Alex

• Pamreeder11
    Pamreeder11
    Community Member
    Options

Installed 1P on brand new 21.5 iMac upgraded to Big Sur, opened the Safari Extension. But the icon does not appear anywhere on Safari and when I log into a new site it does not collect the login, page address, or p/w. I entered one site manually and it shows in the "logins" but will not open website or enter any data unless I click and paste each item? I don't know what to do!

• Pamreeder11
    Pamreeder11
    Community Member
    Options

Installed 1P on brand new 21.5 iMac upgraded to Big Sur, opened the Safari Extension. But the icon does not appear anywhere on Safari and when I log into a new site it does not collect the login, page address, or p/w. I entered one site manually and it shows in the "logins" but will not open website or enter any data unless I click and paste each item? I don't know what to do!

• Lexan
    Lexan
    Community Member
    Options

Hello! I have the same problem than @josepk
    MacOs 10.4 Mohave, Safari 12.0
    After last update the extension doesn't work.
    Don't work button in 1P app Open and fill
    Reinstall 1P and reboot MacOs didn't help.
    Can you help me?

• f_paludo
    f_paludo
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G6042), Safari Versão 14.0 (14610.1.28.1.10). After some update, 1Password takes place from iCloud Keys, and I cannot log in any service after that.
    Try disabling 1password extension, but it works in same way.
    How do i fix it? Any Help?

This discussion has been closed.