Software source issue

Options
Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member

My wife and I have a Family subscription version of 1PW. Last night while trying to understand a problem, i discovered that some how my wife and I have installed different versions of 1PW.

We both got new iMacs in September and this issue may have originated with the transfer from one Mac to another, but I have no idea how that could happen.

For sure we both got our software from the same source at one point - and I believe that was the Apple App store when that option first became available. Several years ago, we got software from AgibleBits - at that time I was Apple and Linda was Windows.

Here are the "About 1Password" sections from our computers:

My computer:

1Password 7
Version 7.7 (70700016)
Mac App Store

My wife's computer:

1Password 7
Version 7.7 (70700015)
1Password Store

How do we solve this situation? It does not matter to us where we get our software. We both have multiple iOS devices using 1PW and my wife also has a second Mac.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: MacOS 11.0.1
Sync Type: I don't know

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Gordon101

The only real difference I'm aware of between the two is that the version from our site can scan on-screen QR codes whereas the App Store version cannot. We have a guide which may be helpful available here:

How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    Options

Can i be certain that I will not be asked to pay both Agilebits and Apple when a new version comes out? My guess is no. So what is involved in changing one of our computers so the source matches the other?

• Ben
    Options

@Gordon101

I posted a link with instructions for that. :) In case you missed it, here it is again:

How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store

Only one billing provider can be active on a membership at a time, regardless of where you've downloaded the apps from.

Ben

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Ben I did not realize I was looking at a link in your first reply. Sorry.

I followed the link and it says I need a a 1PW membership. I am not certain what that is.

I have a login for our family plan and I do have that long Account or Secret Key. If the 1PW membership is something else, can you educate me?

Thank you Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gordon101:

I have a login for our family plan and I do have that long Account or Secret Key. If the 1PW membership is something else, can you educate me?

If you have a Families account, then you have a Membership :)

This discussion has been closed.