To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrated to a 1Password subscription, the entire contents of my vault were duplicated then deleted

techtherapy
techtherapy
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Memberships

Hello, so after many years of using standalone licences, I decided to buy a subscription.

After creating an account, the app prompted me to add the new account to the Mac app, which I did.

It then asked if I wanted to migrate everything, I said yes.

After several minutes with a spinning wheel, I got an error "There was a problem migrating your information. Some or all of your items may not have been migrated."

I checked and most of the items had been copied, but there was a difference of about 20 items in the total count between the vaults.

So I did the migration again. This time, it completed without an error, but the entire contents of my original vault have been duplicated. I now have 4,656 items in the new vault.

I tried doing a restore from the preferences, but the 1Password app crashes.

After I reopen it, everything is gone.

How on earth can I resolve this?

Thanks

Gareth

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: macOS 11.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @techtherapy!

So I did the migration again. This time, it completed without an error, but the entire contents of my original vault have been duplicated. I now have 4,656 items in the new vault.

If you ran the migration twice before emptying the destination vault, it explains why things got duplicated. The quickest way to solve this would probably be to delete every item in the destination vault, and try to run the migration again. If it works again without problems like your previous attempt, you will have no duplicates in the destination vault.

This discussion has been closed.